Many people are looking for peace and security in the things of this world. But truly, nothing in this world can give lasting satisfaction or security. This world does not offer much hope. The key to finding fulfilment in life is to surrender your live to Jesus Christ. To give control of your life to Jesus is to ask Him to lead and guide you everyday. It means to hear His Word and build your life on Bible principles. This is how you can find peace, freedom and fulfilment. Through the precious truth of God’s Word, we have an unfailing hope. A secured life built on the rock of Christ.
In the Bible Jesus says,
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.” (Matthew 11:28-29).
When you read the Bible and meditate on the promises of God you will find inner peace and rest over all that concerns you because Christ lives in you to guide, direct and watch over your life.
Speaking the promises of God over your circumstances will change the course of your life for good. The Bible says, “The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.”(Proverbs 18:21). When you speak God’s promises you are speaking the Truth and you are speaking life! You are building your faith muscle to stand strong and overcome!
Use these Bible promises to pray and speak the truth of God’s Word over yourself.
1) Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. (1 Peter 5:7)
2) When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. In God, whose word I praise—in God I trust and am not afraid. What can mere mortals do to me? (Psalm 56:3-4)
3) Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. (John 8:32)
4) Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. (John 14:1)
5) Say to those with fearful hearts, “Be strong, do not fear; your God will come,
he will come with vengeance; with divine retribution he will come to save you. (Isaiah 35:4)
6) So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. (Isaiah 41:10)
7) Do not be afraid of the king of Babylon, whom you now fear. Do not be afraid of him, declares the Lord, for I am with you and will save you and deliver you from his hands. (Jeremiah 42:11)
8) For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline. (2 Timothy 1:7 )
9) Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6-7)
10) There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. (1 John 4:18)
11) The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles. (Psalm 34:17)
12) But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. (Isaiah 40:31)
13) Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” (Joshua 1:9)
14) Trust in him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge. (Psalm 62:8)
15) Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 )